Jim Fletcher is an attorney, parent, author, and more.
A graduate of the University of Georgia School of Law, Jim has practiced as an attorney since 2007, and he has represented clients across the State of Georgia. Mr. Fletcher’s practice focuses upon:
- Business Law – Advising business owners on legal and nonlegal issues faced by businesses.
- Employment Law – Representing businesses and employees in disputes involving wage-and-hour, overtime, misclassifications, trade secrets, and non-compete agreements.
- Real Estate Law – Helping landowners resolve real estate issues (including Quiet Title, Tax Deeds, and Commercial Tax Appeals)
- Estate Planning – Helping families plan for their future (Wills, Trust, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, etc.).
- Probate – Helping families transfer assets to beneficiaries and heirs, and minimizing the common confusion and frustration associated with the Probate process.
Recognition and Leadership
Jim is an Eagle Scout, was Executive Editor of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law, and was President/Justice of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. He has served as vice-chair of multiple American Bar Association committees, and was given an award by the ABA in recognition of his work.
Jim has been a 10 out of 10 rating with Avvo.
Thomson Reuters has afforded him the distinction of being “Lead Counsel Rated“.
Jim is a member of multiple organizations including: the Cobb Chamber of Commerce, the American Bar Association’s Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law,(and its Probate & Fiduciary Litigation Committee) and the Georgia Bar Association.
Jim serves as the Alumni Advisor to the A.H. Stephens Chapter of the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity at the University of Georgia.
What Others Say About Jim
“Jim is an exceptional attorney and highly respected by those who have had the opportunity to work with him. His knowledge of the law and abilities as an advocate make him a valuable trial lawyer.” Attorney Thomas Cardone.
“Jim is an exceptional attorney in many regards. He is very knowledgeable in his areas of practice, quick on his feet, and a down to earth guy making him a rarity in today’s legal field. Overall, a brilliant attorney who defines the phrase of being the ‘smartest guy in the room.’ I would highly recommend this attorney to anyone in the Atlanta area.” Attorney Andrew Dove
“Jim Fletcher, Esq. helped my family and I deal with legal issues during a very difficult time in our lives. Jim was very thorough and detailed, he did his research and was extremely prepared without getting a lot of input from me. I trust Jim completely will always be grateful for his knowledge of the law, sensitivity, guidance and ultimately, getting us the best outcome and closure.” Client Donna H.
“I highly recommend Jim Fletcher, as he is highly ethical, listens well, and provides excellent counsel. He considers the end-to-end issues in a case, and develops a strategy that considers all factors, across the necessary courts. I would not hesitate to work with Jim and his team again.” Client Amanda Barnes Acklin
“Jim worked with my wife and I to set up our estate plan. He and his team were amazing to work with from the very beginning to the end. He is accommodating, thorough and the consummate professional.” Client Bryan Jordin